MAS Teleportation App
This was a 3-hour project - Malaysia Airlines is now offering teleportation options as a mode of travel. What would the mobile user experience be like without changing the Malaysia Airlines brand style?
The generic user experience flow includes areas of searching, selecting, purchasing, and confirmation. Scroll below for the app mock-up.
These were some of my considerations:
1) Marketing opportunities: Targeted at window shoppers, what kind of marketing strategies and elements could help gain traction and retain attention?
- Encourage scrollers to plan for the next destination through evocative imagery
- Partner with the Lonely Planet for content write-ups and hotel suggestions
2) New vs returning or existing customers:
a) For new customers what kind of intuitive elements be incorporated to convert them into returning customers?
- Incorporated location services to auto-detect the nearest teleportation hub for travel as an optional feature
- Filters to help determine relevant answers without repetitive scrolling
- Quick access to bookings
b) As for returning customers can the number of steps towards the confirmation page be reduced?
- Incorporate location services to auto-detect the nearest teleportation hub for travel as an optional feature
- Auto-log in upon your fingerprint or facial recognition identification (seeing that most mobiles are incorporating this feature as an additional layer of security) without the need to
sign-in or key in their loyalty program details
3) Booking for more than 1 traveller: What basic information counts as compulsory for every subsequent traveller?
- Name, contact, and passport information to tally at the teleportation hub to check-in
These were my constraints:
1) Only 4 people were allowed to teleport at once
2) Retaining the Malaysia Airlines UI brand style
All rights reserved. 2017